Saturday, July 19, 2008

Goin' for a ride.....

Gordon and I got bored today so we decided to take the boy's horses for a little ride. I'm sure they were not liking us too much because it was HOT!! They had a lot of fun when we put them back in the pen and sprayed them down, they started rolling. It was pretty funny!! I forgot how much I like horses, it sure had been a while since I had been on one!!


This is me on "Studdy" (what an orginal name don't ya think)
Gordon on the Gelding (once again leave it up to Gordon's brother's to come up with some great names for these guys)




4 comments:

The Phillips said...

Those are some really neat pictures of the horses! Looks like you both had a really good time. You should do that more often. Miss you!

ajphillips said...

Looks very peaceful. Did you cut your hair?

Cheryl said...

I read your comment on Kelly's blog about your job search and I completely understand your pain. First of all, I found that we have so much in common from our love of families down to our bedspread choice from Target!
I am a teacher and spent the first year and a half in the Dallas area just subbing. I absolutely hated it because I wanted someone to take a chance on me and see what a wonderful teacher I would be with my own classroom. I finally got hired on as a Kindergarten teacher and loved it. I knew I was a great teacher, was the team leader, and really knew what I was doing.
Last year, my husband and I moved back to West Texas to be closer to our family. I was hired on at a much different school district than what I was used to with much lower standards. Now, I absolutely hate it and knew after the first 3 months that this was not the place for me.
Like you, I have a huge interest in Family Sciences. I have a Masters in Family Studies and am trying so hard to get hired on at a university or junior college to teach and I am looking into other agencies that provide parent education classes (mostly for parents of divorce).
Anyway, with all this said, I find myself in the same struggle again... Wanting someone to take a chance on someone so passionate about families that I can't stop thinking about how the families of today need more support than they are getting.
I know how tough it is to keep going into interviews and looking for jobs online but hang in there. Rejection is also so hard, please don't take it personally (I have to tell myself this as well). Think of every day one day closer to getting to where you want to go. Please know that I truly sympathize with you and know you will be an amazing asset to any school district that hires you!
This also keeps me going: Failure (or rejection) is an EVENT not a PERSON.

The Wiemers said...

That is so much fun! I miss getting to ride.