Thursday, June 25, 2009

I'm a REAL teacher

So today I went up to school and met with the former speech teacher. She is just too sweet. You see she will be a Counselor Intern so I will have her there to ask questions. She has left just about everything for me, including all her lessons. How great is that!! She was so organized so pretty much I just have to tweak things a little and make them a little more "me"and I'm ready to go. I can't explain how blessed I feel with the way all this has worked out.

I think it is finally sinking in that I'm going to be a REAL teacher. I'm just SOOOO excited but a little nervous. It was so fun walking in that classroom and thinking this is my classroom. I can't wait to decorate it!! I will post pictures of it as soon as I start working on it. I have a very busy summer ahead of me.

I know a lot of you are or have been teachers, if you have any advice or words of wisdom I would love to hear it!!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Read The First Days of School by Harry Wong! Great book! The first year is the hardest, but every year after gets easier.

The Wiemers said...

I can't wait to see your classroom!