Ok so now that it is summer I need a project to work on. I know I will be doing a lot in my classroom coming up but until then I need something to keep me busy during the day. I am finding some oh so cute zebra and animal print stuff for my room here some of it I am looking:
Anyhoo…back to the reason for this post. I am really wanting to change the look of our living room to something a little less “country”. I know we just changed it up but it’s just not there yet. The only thing is we really can’t afford to get a new sofa. So I AM STUCK!! I’m not real crazy about the colors. Here is a picture:I’m thinking #1 I can get rid of the floral pillows but after that I’m pretty much clueless. I know there are so many of you talented ladies out there…PLEASE help me with any ideas you have. I know the colors and the HUGE plaid are very hard to work with but its all I got :(.
I’m also considering painting the entertainment center black and sanding parts to let the brown come through. I (I mean Gordon hehe) would change out the hardware to make it a little less rustic and a little more vintage chic. I think that’s what I would call the look I want “Vintage Chic” that sounds good right?? Let me know what you think about the black idea. That’s going to be a HUGE project if I decide to do it.
I’m thinking this stuff would look good on the black entertainment center:
The colors of course would be different but you get the idea.
So go on and share your ideas. I know I don’t have a huge following…but I know the people who do check in on me are very creative. Even if you have never commented before please come out of hiding with your ideas!!! I’m turning to you my blogger friends. :)
3 comments:
BLACK... YES! That would look sooooo good! Getting new pillows would make a big difference on your couch. Lamps on each end table (Hobby Lobby has the best on sale)! Beside your curtains, maybe a larger picture or a picture with 2 sconces. Then put your wedding pictures in a small space or on a stand on your tables. Love the apocotherapy jars... fill them with fruit or cute balls. I just bought some on clearance at HL with crowns on the top and filled them with balls.
I'm not much help Ash. Jordan and I went looking for new couches on Saturday and can't find anything. I was thinking leather, but they are SO expensive, especially since you have to buy 2! I know people mix prints and stuff all the time, I just have a hard time imagining it. I love my black furniture, but it's been hard to find stuff to go with it...that isn't real contemporary (which I don't like)! I'm sure someone else could do it and make it look great, but I'm having such a hard time. Don't you wish we could have had our wedding showers like 2 years after you get married, that way you've found your style and don't have to get stuff to match something you already have (like couches). I sure wish I could have! Good Luck!
Whitney's idea sounds good. She is the decor guru(sp.
Post a Comment