So this week was back to school after spring break :( . I had a very nice and productive spring break. Monday I cleaned out our laundry room/pantry. Let me just tell you it was a mess. After I got it all cleaned up and organized I couldn't stop going into it ha. Tuesday I went up to school to set up my new classroom. Our school is under all sorts of construction and I got relocated to the new wing. It is so nice to have everything clean and matching. The only bad thing is it is SO far away from everything. Wednesday I flew to Dallas where my mom and sister picked me up and then we headed to the movies. We went and saw "The Bounty Hunter" it was so funny!! Thursday we went to a JDRF event at a winery in Ft. Worth. Friday was a very special day. Koby's little league team are the Tarleton Texans (where Gordon and I graduated from). The coach had some connections at Tarleton and the boys were able to be announced and run out on the field with the big guys. Koby was just mesmerized by the baseball players and it was so neat to see him there at Tarleton which holds a special place in my heart. Hopefully one day he really will be a Tarleton Texan!! Mom and I drove back from Stephenville that afternoon. The fun didn't stop there we had a wedding and another wedding reception to attend Saturday. So yep I told ya fun and productive!!
Sunday I hit 21 weeks. Things have been going so smoothly with this pregnancy that I thought I was out of the woods. Well then this week happened. Monday I was just exhausted from being back at work. When I got home I noticed that Gordon's eye was really red and irritated so we decided to take him to the med clinic. Well while the doctor was checking him out I started to feel like I was going to pass out. They quickly put me on the table and I started to feel better. I have heard that this is pretty common when you are pregnant so I didn't worry much.
Fast forward to last night. I had some lower back pain right at the end of school but didn't think much of it. At about eight the pain came back and it was pretty bad. I took some Tylenol and decided I needed to go to bed. Well about eleven I woke having to go to the restroom and the pain was still there. I thought maybe it was a kidney infection because it was around that area and on one side. I woke Gordon up and told him I thought we should go to the hospital to have it checked out. I got the the ER and they sent me up to labor and delivery to be hooked up to a monitor. As the nurse and I were talking she asked me "did you feel that?" I said "no, what?" She said that I had just had a uterine contraction. She went to call the on call doctor who told her to give me a shot of medicine that would stop the contractions. Before giving me the shot she told me that it would give me the jitters. All of the sudden as soon as she stuck me I started shaking like a leaf. It was some crazy stuff that lasted about an hour. The contractions did indeed stop so they sent me on my way. I have talked to about all my doctors and they all say this is pretty common and it might have been because of dehydration. This put my mind at ease so I am just forcing the fluids down trying to stay nice and hydrated. I also decided that I will take it easy from here on out. These little scares have been no fun this week. I just ask that you pray our little Jaxon stays nice and comfy in my tummy and doesn't try to pull any funny business.
Sorry that was so long. I have been meaning to write about my spring break earlier but as you can see it was a bit of a crazy week. Thank goodness for the long weekend, I'm really looking forward to this beautiful Easter!! Hope you all enjoy time with your family!! I will take some belly pics this weekend.
7 comments:
Scary, scary! Take it easy and relax. Glad you and Jaxon are ok!
Glad you are okay and that everything is fine with Jaxon! I loved The Bounty Hunter!
It's never bad to be cautious! I hope my situation didn't make you more nervous about things! I agree with Amy---just do lots of relaxing, because this will be the last few months for that!
Take it easy girl! Keep that little man baking ;)
I am definitely thinking of you and that sweet baby boy and will keep you all in my prayers. I could never drink enough water while pregnant. I think they would have had to hook me up to an IV to actually get enough water. Definitely Take It Easy!!!
I know this type of thing is definitely sooooo scary!!! I felt like I could never breath easy until my babies were in my arms! I'm such a worrier! I just said a prayer for you and hope that the rest of your pregnancy is perfect and anxiety free! :)
I am sorry you had a little scare. We will pray that Jaxon stays put a while longer!
Post a Comment