Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Question for all you Mom's...

I'm thinking it is time for a new car seat for Jaxon.  I wish I would have done more research when we registered for the first one because I probably would have went with the convertible one rather then just an infant seat.  Now they are saying to keep babies rear facing after their first birthday.  I was just wondering if any of you have the convertible car seats...the one that goes from infant to booster seat.  There is a really neat Graco Signature but it's pretty pricey.  Also, which brand would you recommend.  It's so hard sifting through all the reviews so I thought I would start with y'all!!

Here are three that I was looking at on the web:

Britax Marathon 70 Convertible Car Seat - Cowmooflage

Graco Smart Seat All-in-One Convertible Car Seat - Larkin


Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite Convertible Car Seat - Remington


The most important thing is to keep this little guy safe so I'm going to take my time and find just the right seat!!

 Jaxon is finally starting to feel better.  Right now he is with my mom so I can get a little sleep.  It was so hard to go back to school Monday after such a rough week with my baby.  I'm so thankful that I was able to be home with him while he was sick.  As hard as it was to let my mom take him for a couple of days I know that I will be a much better mommy after some much needed sleep.  I'm so very lucky that my mom is able to do this for me!!  I LOVE her SOOOOO MUCH!!

4 comments:

Tanner's Mom said...

Feel better Jaxon! Get you some rest girl! Rest makes us all better mommies ;)

Tanner's first car seat was the Graco Nautilus 3 in 1. It was supposed to grow with him. We quickly found out it did not! It was just too small and once he hit one, he was crunched! LOL I was so mad! It was quite expensive.
So then one day we were at Sam's Club and saw a Safety 1st and he has been in it ever since. He just turned three and still has plenty of room! Some times, the most expensive are not always the best. Just my opinion. Hope you find one that is perfect for him and you!

Cheryl said...

I have a britax in my car and Ryan has a Safety First. We love both of them equally well. We purchased the Britax one first because we found a great deal on them at Target. Then we decided to get another one and by that time we had spent way too much on carseats (my mom got one as well) so the Safety 1st was probably cheaper but we really love it. If you don't already, look on babycheapskate.com. They find great deals daily and often have car seat deals. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

We have the safety 1st alpha omega elite and love them!!! They are comfy too!

The Wiemers said...

The britax is supposed to be the best. We have an evenflo one. The reason I like it is because it reclines into three positions which is nice when they are napping on long trips. I think it goes up to 40lbs or so.