Sunday, March 2, 2008

MS Walk...

The MS walk was GREAT!!! The weather could not have been better and we had a blast. It really renews your faith in people to see so many come out to help others. My sister has all the pics on her blog, I will have to get her to e-mail them to me. I am really out of shape and I made the whole 3 miles I was so happy. Gordon and I are going to try to start running in the afternoons. We will see how that goes, I have NEVER been a runner but I really want to get healthy and running sounded like a good idea.

I also wanted to talk about the sermon that Pastor Ray gave today it was so great and I really needed to hear it. To be honest with you I was not raised going to church, so I feel a little funny talking about this. I just loved this sermon so much like all of Pastor Ray's sermons because he has this way of putting things into words I can understand. He was talking about how some people are on the "treadmill" of life. What this means is that people are saying "if I just had ____ I would be happy". So they a running and running to get somewhere but go no where. Things do not make you happy the Lord does. You should want him above and beyond everything. Yes, we are human we are going to want that nice house, vehicle, and career. We just have to step back and say that's not what will bring me happiness. Serving the Lord will. I really want to become a better Christian, but it is hard. No one really ever tells you how hard it is, there are so many temptations out there. I hope I can stay on this track and continue going to church regularly because hearing these words really helps!!

*Mom, I know you have always felt bad for us not going to church but you taught us right and Shellie and I have always had a relationship with the Lord even though we did not go to church. Please don't feel bad, I think Shellie and I turned out OK!!! I love you!!

3 comments:

ajphillips said...

That made me tear up Ash! I'm so proud of you and know you are such a great person! Going to church will also strengthen your relationship...I know you and Gordon have a great one...but it is amazing how much better it can get when you worship and study together! We love y'all!!!

schaefer's said...

Thats wonderful about church.. you'll find that the more you go, the more you will want to continue going.

Thank You so much for all that you did to help make the MS Walk so wonderful! I truely had a wonderful time and I know we made a difference!

Shelley said...

Thanks so much for sharing your heart with us. The Lord is all we need! Thanks so much for reminding us to just be thankful that we are saved and are loved by our Father in Heaven... have a great week!