Tuesday, March 4, 2008

You're gonna miss this...

The song that is playing on my blog really seems to fit my life right now. I could not wait to be married. I think every little girl dreams of that day. Wow it came and went fast. All that preparation and it was over before my eyes. Gordon and I went to watch our wedding video the other day (it's my fault we don't have it yet, it took me forever to get him the music). All of those emotions came rushing back, we both got a little emotional watching it. I can't wait to watch the whole thing, I'm sure I will cry the whole time. The next natural step in our life is to have children. Yes, I am really having that motherly instinct, but it is very important to me to have time to spend with my husband. I want to be able to grow with him and have fun as a couple before we make that big change. I have to keep telling myself that, and this song helps me with that. Also, my mom and sister reminding me!! HAHA!! I know I go on and on about how much I love Gordon but I just can't help myself. He his truly my best friend and everything in between. I know times will not always be great and there will be hard times, but I am so thankful for all the good and know we can make it through anything!! I just love this song and it really made me think about things.
This is an old picture, but I love this one it's one of our engagement pics.

6 comments:

The Wiemers said...

I know what you are talking about. I is amazing what we dreamed of as kids is now here. I was thinking about that the other day.

Candice Ronshausen said...

so are we taking bets now who gets prego first... hehehe! :) Love you ash!!

I need help with a cool background... HELP ME!! :) How do I do it. I can't figure it out!

Whitney said...

Wait, wait, wait! Kids are the best thing ever, but it's a lot of HARD work... the hardest and the best job in the world. I'm so thankful Jason and I waited 4 years... we got on track financially and I haven't had to work full time. Plus, we got to buy and do some things we wouldn't have otherwise!

ajphillips said...

I know what you mean Ashlee...especially when I have all these babies around me, but Jordan and I have too many things on our list for babies. It will be our day someday!

The Phillips said...

That song made me cry! You need to wait at least another year and get your own home. I know people can't really understand why you might want children right away. But you know I know why! With the fertility issues I have had and now your own illness it is scary! I know in time you will be having all the babies you want. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

That truck is beautiful. I'm so proud for him (ya'll). I am so ma at myself. I wrote this terrific comment but then I guess I erased it. I put so much thought in it - about you wanting to start a family. I think I'll sleep on it and write another one tomorrow.

You don't have to come in tomorrow if you don't want to, but I'm sure you miss me - Ha Ha. Your Dad went to see Grandma tonight and he said he is going to take her supper tomorrow. I told him she loves Chinese, maybe she will eat that. I was very proud of you today for taking care of your Grandmother, telling those Doctors what to do at the hospital. I'm glad every thing turned out the way it did. I guess you will be another Terry. Ha Ha. That's not a bad thing, I hope. I am so proud of you and Shellie. When Shellie keep Grandma at her house all of that time when she was recovering from her broken hip - I know it wasn't easy for her and George. I guess we are fortunate that I don't work and Shellie was at home where she could take care of her. I'm glad you could help out today. I know Grandma really appreciates what you did today.

I wasn't going to write a long blog, but I'll get back to that BABY thing tomorrow.

Love Mom