Thursday, May 1, 2008

Not a good day...

Well today has not been a very good day. I feel like I have hit a brick wall with the job search. The schools that I have applied at have already filled the positions and others in the area do not hire ACP (alternative certified) candidates for EC-4. I have looked into other options such as Marketing and PR firms. I sent my resume to two firms in San Antonio. I have not yet given up on teaching, but I thought I shouldn't put all my eggs in one basket. I am starting to feel a bit helpless!!! I have been on the computer since 8 AM this morning searching for jobs. As a last resort I thought I would put it out into the blog world...if anyone out there knows of any jobs in the San Antonio area please let me know. This is all so very stressful, you would think that having a degree would help but I guess not. I'm sorry to rant on and on about this but it's about all I have on my mind 24/7!!

4 comments:

Candice Ronshausen said...

It's Thursday don't blog about sad stuff lets blog about what you are thankful for....

I am sorry ash if you want to be my assistant I will hire you!

The Wiemers said...

Hang in there one will open up. I looked for a job for about 2 months before I found one in Midlothian.

ajphillips said...

Just keep searching, you'll find something. You can always take a job and keep looking...that's what I did here!

Whitney said...

It's still VERY early! A lot of school districts don't hire until mid summer. Teachers have until the first of July or 45 days before the first day of school to turn in their resignations. I know that doesn't help, but I'm sure you'll get a job!