Tuesday, November 18, 2008

There is a reason...

I am a strong believer that there is a reason for everything. I love the way God has a way of showing you or giving you little hints that make it all clear. Last week I got to thinking here I am surrounded by all these high school kids I'm sure there are some who also have diabetes. So I asked the nurse, I knew she couldn't give me specifics but she did tell me that there are about five kids. My idea is to put together a support group for these fellow diabetics. I met with them today to see if they would be interested. To tell you the truth I was extremely nervous, they are in high school after all. Well the were all interested!!! I couldn't be more excited!! I made sure they knew that I would not be giving them medical advice. I am just there for them if they need someone to talk to and to put them in contact with others like us. These girls have no idea that them allowing me to help them is really going to help me. So wish me luck on this new venture!!

4 comments:

The Phillips said...

Great idea Ash! I am extreamly proud of you and the fact that you want to help others like you is a true testimate of the great women you are becoming! We love you!

ajphillips said...

Thats so great Ashlee! Your leadership will definitely make a difference in someone's life.

Candice Ronshausen said...

Congrats Ash... I am really proud of you too! I know how hard it has been for you and so happy that you will have something to guide you! Love you!

schaefer's said...

Good Job Ashlee! That is an awesome idea! I bet you will have tons of fun helping others!