Monday, November 17, 2008

It's been a while...

I have been a really bad blogger lately. Last week was a long one, the Secretary in our office was out with her husband who is in the hospital. So needless to say I'm a very busy girl at work because I am doing it all. I'm not complaining because "M" has been doing that job for about 15 years by herself and let me tell you she does a GREAT job. I have learned so much from her and miss her terribly.

So a week ago was our 1 year anniversary. One year can you believe that...I sure can't!! It feels like yesterday that I met Gordon. I just knew the minute I saw him in the dining hall at Tarleton I had to be with him. We have been together for three and a half years!! I can truly say that I married my best friend. He has helped me through two of the hardest times in my life. I couldn't have asked for a better husband. God knew what he was doing when he planned our life together. I can't wait to see what else he has in store for us.

Last weekend we did a little work to the outside of the house. We painted our front door black and I think it looks a lot better. We also stained the trim a really dark brown. Please excuse my dirty windows. We sprayed painted the door first and it looked horrible!! It was way too shiny!! So we had to paint over it, not fun. That night I got a little sick and so that's why I have been so behind on blogging.

This is the door before we fixed it...UGLY!!

This is the final picture...and yes I do have one dead plant that I'm trying to bring back to life...I never said I had a green thumb.

Before picture...


Friday, we left to go to Kerrville for Chad and Kayla's wedding. We had a ton of fun but no pictures. I have been so bad about that!! I just love Gordon's friends we are like a huge family. I love all those boys like brothers. All of their families are great also.

So any hoo that's what has been going on here with the Wards. I promise I will be better about updating!!

I will leave you with another uppercase living picture. We just put this one up in our bedroom.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Will you send me a catalog for the uppercase living stuff? I have an idea and want to see what you have.

ajphillips said...

Looking good!

The Phillips said...

Hey Gordon...the house looks wonderful! I love the black!

Cheryl said...

That looks WONDERFUL! Great job!