Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"A little hesitant"

I was a little hesitant to post about this because I don’t want to get my hopes up. But oh well!! We are in the process of house shopping. Wow…I thought this was going to be so much fun and guess what it’s not. We started by just looking online but you just never know from a picture. We went and looked a one in person so far and I was not too impressed.

We just know that this is a buyers market. I just hope that we are doing the right thing. This is a HUGE decision and it is really nerve racking. So many factors go into it. Is it in a good part of town, what are the taxes, what school district is it in and more importantly do Gordon and I both love it?

I have a mix of emotions about it and it is on my mind all the time. I’m nervous, excited and sad all at the same time. I just want to ask for your prayers that we make the right move. We are going to look at a house that we really like tomorrow. I sure hope it goes well!! I will keep you updated on this very crazy journey we are on.

5 comments:

ajphillips said...

I wrote this really long comment and I guess it didn't work! RRGH!

Anyways, I understand how you feel. It is very scary buying a house. It's a huge obligation, lots of work, and lots of money! Just wait until you sign those closing papers...then you'll really feel like you just signed your life away...and wonder what all that fine print really said. I mean seriously? who actually reads all that!

Just work through your budget sheet over and over again and you'll know exactly what you can do! I would get preapproved, as well! It will help you a lot!

And for all the ugly houses that you have to look at...I know how that is too! But you'll know exactly when you find the one! GOOD LUCK!

Candice Ronshausen said...

Ashlee I wish you and gordon the best of luck. it is not easy and yes so many emotions go through your head. I love you honey and I will continue to pray for you guys on buying a house. Just if they say sorry you can't get this one. Do not cry like I did... just a sign from the good lord up above that it is not meant to be! I love you! Can't wait to hear all the news!

Shelley said...

Good Luck!! These are memories you will have forever :) Happy New Year...

The Wiemers said...

Ashley is right. I know how you feel. One will just catch your eye and pull at you. You will find the right one. You might look at forclosed ones. I know you can get really good deals on them.

ajphillips said...

Just wanted to give you a tip---set up your house payments to be bi-weekly, it will still be the same amount, they'll just cut it in half & you pay twice in a month. I just got ours changed over and it cut 7 years and 3 months off our loan and will save us $50,000! Just a little credit union tip!!!!