I don't have any pictures to go with this post today but we have been pretty busy. Saturday we went to the movies with Chad and Kayla. We saw The Ugly Truth it was VERY funny. It was VERY blunt and a little vulgar but once you get past that it's HILARIOUS!! Even the guys loved it. After that we went extreme bowling. Good thing I had a little practice because I was still pretty bad but I did a lot better.
Today my mom and I met up and went and worked in my classroom. She is making some curtains to go under a counter in my room. It's just about done so I will be posting pictures soon...maybe tomorrow.
Last Thursday I met up with Megan from JDRF(juvenile diabetes research foundation)she is now working at the San Antonio chapter. Our meeting all got started by Rachel my sisters friend in Ft. Worth. She is the executive director of that chapter. I had told her a while back that I would really like to get involved with JDRF. She had passed my name on to someone here in SA. Long story short that lady is no longer there and Megan contacted me.
We met at Starbucks to talk about different ways to get involved. She is just too sweet. She is also a type 1 diabetic, she is 26 and newly married. Megan has just moved here from Kansas City with her husband. I'm so happy that we met and I think this is the beginning of a long friendship. I have been praying that God would help me find someone who understands what it's like. God is so great and he listens very well!!
She also said that JDRF is going to start up a out reach group for young adults. We were talking about how we feel like we get lost in the mix. This is a hard age to meet new people. I'm really excited about this group starting up.
Well that's what we have been up to. I think we will be closing on the house next week. Friday, August 7th will be a great day!! It's my 25th birthday and the day we close!! Wow what a crazy few months it has been. It has been a roller coaster ride, but I wouldn't have it any other way!!
No comments:
Post a Comment