This week was a 4 day week for us here in Comal County due to our county fair. Unfortunately we did not partake in any of the festivities this year. We usually make it out to the dance or rodeo one night, but the night Stoney Larue played it was yucky and a little chilly outside so we decided against it.
Even though this was a short week it felt very long. Tuesday I got an email from the lady in the front office saying that a mom wanted to talk to me about her student. Well I had sent this student to the office the week before for some not so great behavior and he got ISS for it. I will just put it nicely the mom was not happy with me!! Before I called her back I had to attend a short notice faculty meeting. The meeting was called by our principal to inform us that one of our veteran English teachers was loosing her battle with cancer. So needless to say I was already in an emotional state when I had to call that mother back. Like I said she was not happy with me and had no problem letting me know it. Gosh that first angry parent is hard to take. I'm sure that won't be the last!!
Wednesday we got the news that our English teacher went to be with the lord. She had been at our school for 23 years so it was very hard for a lot of our staff and students. Unfortunately I did not know her that well but I know she will be missed by many. It brings up so many feeling and reminds me of those I have lost. My thoughts and prayers are with her family for the weeks and months to come. Our principal put it so sweetly "we will get though this as a family". What a wonderful school I work at!! Thursday we all wore pink in her honor.
This week I have had a very heavy heart. The weather kind of went along with that. It was rainy and dark all week. It was very nice to see the sun today!! I am hoping for a much happier week ahead!!
I do have to tell a funny on myself...I took Cole on a walk to our mailbox today. It's one of those that's in front of the neighborhood, you know the kind with all those boxes together. Well I got all the way there and could not for the life of me remember our number!! I was sticking the key in all the boxes but thought people are going to think I'm crazy, so I had to just give up. I was so mad but had to laugh at least I got some exercise out of it the mailboxes are about 1/2 a mile from our house. I do have an excuse, Gordon usually gets the mail on his way home from work.
No comments:
Post a Comment