I hope you all had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving! I know we did. We alternate between the two families and this year we spent Thanksgiving with Gordon’s side. We went over to his aunt and uncles. We had a very nice visit with them all. It’s so much fun to have a little one around. We got to play with little Cooper…he is such a little ham. We laughed and wondered what we did before him because he was quite the entertainer!! I very thankful for our families!! Gordon and I are so lucky. Speaking of family Grandma is spending the weekend with us while my parents are at the coast. Sophie, moms yorkie is also visiting.
Gordon put our Christmas lights up (I will get a picture of them up later) and I worked on the tree yesterday. I still have some things I would like to add but it’s getting there. Grandma helped me fill in the holes, she was good a spotting them. Yesterday, on the way to pick up my Grandma we stopped by the outlet to see if we could get any deals. Well we hit the jackpot at the Columbia store. We are going to Lake Tahoe for Christmas with my family. Gordon and I have gained a little weight and needed some new ski gear. We both got new jackets and pants for a steal!!
This is my set
Gordon’s set
Here is the tree (REMEMBER IT NEEDS MORE WORK…LIKE A BOW ON TOP)
I also got my pictures in the mail yesterday. I was SO excited I jumped up and down. I know I’m a DORK!! I put the big one above the bed to see how it’s going to look.
I’m going to get a chunky black frame.
And remember this…
Well I ordered it today and it will be here TUESDAY!! I’m so excited but we have a lot of work ahead of us. We need to to paint the living room so we have some color in there.
We are also going to get a flat screen and a piece to go under it. There is a really neat place that is going to custom order it for me. I just have to go tell them exactly how I want it. This is a picture of my sisters to give you an idea of what it will be. It’s going to be a little smaller.
This is all going to be made possible because of our rebate check for 1st time home buyers. We got a letter saying it would be here in about two weeks. We are saving some of and paying off a credit card. So we aren’t blowing it all…but hey that’s what its for right?? We are just trying to stimulate the economy!! HAHA We would hate to not do our part!
So as you can see I have A LOT to be thankful for. It’s not just the material things but that Gordon and I have made wise decisions. We carefully plan out all of our “BIG” buys. We even came up with two different options for this rebate with all the pros and cons of both. Sometimes we plan a little too much but we always want to do the right thing.
3 comments:
Isn't it exciting to get new things! I told Jordan yesterday that we have absolutely everything new now, until we have kids! And we wouldn't be buying anything else...we went back and forth on the washer and dryer, but couldn't pass up the deal because ours could quit any day! Everything looks great. Send me a pic of your picture once you get it framed and matted! I think it looks great!
I love all your stuff. Cooper is a little entainer and it was so nice to see everyone. I really enjoyed the day. We are truly blessed!
I'm just catching up on all that's been going on with you. You and your sister are so beautiful!!! I love the jewelry hanger thingy. I agree about the jewelry boxes, they just get all tangled. Someone needs to invent the perfect hanging jewelry thingy. I am always on the lookout. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. Have a wonderful week back at school.
Post a Comment