Friday, August 20, 2010

Everything is NEW to me!!

So this post might just turn into one big ol' vent.  

As many of you know I have had to move schools due to the lack of students taking speech in high school.  I will be teaching speech at a middle school.  I'm just so grateful that I have a job.  It has been so difficult for me to not be there to meet my students.  I was told that I'm not allowed to be up there because I'm on FMLA.  The other thing that makes this very difficult is that I'm not only going to be teaching a different grade level but also 2 new classes.  That's right I have 3 lesson preps!!  I literally broke into tears when I found out that Friday before school started that they added one more class to my schedule.  I had been up to the school prior to me going on FMLA on the 16th trying to get my classroom all set up in two days.  I was planning on being there for staff development and doing it at that time but then I was told about the "FMLA rule".  Are you crazy here I am starting a brand new school, I know no one there and I have to have this classroom set up in two days!!

Ok so thats what is new with my job so on to my husband.  Gordon is in business with his dad and brother, they have a construction company.  Times are not great at all for construction.  At this point in time you have to go where the work is.  They got a great opportunity to work on a ranch down south.  Let me tell you I feel for all those single mothers out there.  Having a newborn and doing it all on your own is not easy but we are doing really well!!  Thank goodness Jaxon is such a wonderful baby or this could be at lot harder.  I'm so proud of my husband because when he is home he is such a hands on dad.  He does it all...all the feedings...changes his diapers!!  I thank my lucky stars that I have such an amazing partner that has such a great work ethic and does whatever he needs to do to provide for his family.  In return I have to stay strong and know that we can make it through whatever is thrown our way.

The biggest change in my life has been becoming a mommy all at the same time!!  I absolutely love my job as a mom and I cherish all the time I get to spend with my baby boy.  I look at him everyday just in amazement that he is mine.  It doesn't matter that all this crazy stuff is going on in my life because I have the greatest gift of all!!

I told you this was a venting post but I wanted to have it on here so one day I can look back and see what we have been through.

1 comment:

Tanner's Mom said...

Hey girl! I am just now reading these posts! For some reason, they didn't show up!
Anyway....you have alot going on! Girl...when Tanner was first born Travis was working around the clock for almost 2 mths! I only seen him at 5:00 am or 9:00 pm! I was tired, sad, happy....it was crazy! You have such a great attitude and cherish the moments when it's just you and your son.....it goes so fast and I wish I would have held him tighter and cuddled him more at that age....now I have to hold him down! heheh

Remember....if God will bring you to it...he will bring you through it!