This little cutie has been sleeping in his bed since he was 4 weeks old. We went from 3...to 2...to 1 feeding and then there were none!! BUT now this little fellow is waking up twice a night to eat!! He goes to bed at 7...I know that's early but I can't push it because he is defiantly ready at 7. He wakes up anywhere between 10:30 and 11:45 and then about 3 a.m. Well that 3 a.m. is KILLING me!! There is no way I can go back to sleep before my alarm goes off at 5:45.
So my question to all you mommas who have babies that sleep through the night....do you have any tips or tricks I should try? He eats two 2nd foods at night most of the time mixed with cereal. I know he is hungry and not just waking up for nothing because I have tried the cry it out thing and he is not a happy camper until he gets something in his tummy. I know that this just might me his thing and I will just have to live with it but I thought I would ask. Thanks!!

2 comments:
Ash I don't know much for his age, cause we're not there yet so I haven't prepared myself yet! But we do Babywise and it works really well. She goes to bed after her bath and 7:30/8 feeding and then we do a dream feed (feed in her sleep) at 11 and then she sleeps through the night. I know it is suggested to do it through 7 months though, so that doesn't help you. But it does say that you have to add that many ounces you were giving back into their diet during the day. I would suggest trying to get him to eat more during the day. Most likely he is probably waking out of habit and is getting use to getting to snack during the night. It may take 3 or more nights without feeding to get him to change his ways. Maybe pick a weekend to work that out. Unless it is time for a growth spurt? If it is a growth spurt he would probably not be waking at the same time every night. You might buy the book The Baby Whisperer Solves all your problems or Babywise II. They are both good! Hope it gets better, I know I don't function without sleep!
If he is waking at 3am every night it is a habit. When Cooper was sick we got in a habit of giving him milk and now he wakes up 1 time a night and won't go back to sleep without it. I am going to have to just let him cry it out but it is easier for me to just give him the milk and go right back to sleep. They say if you let them cry it out it will stop after about three nights. You might also try putting a zippy cup with water in his bed. I know it is hard.
Post a Comment