Friday, January 18, 2008
I fell in love today...
Today I subbed for a special ed teacher (life skills) and loved every minute of it. Those kiddos are so cute and all they want is to be loved. Good for them that Mrs. Ashlee loves to give hugs I just couldn't stop!! Some of them were autistic, one has down syndrome and the others had various issues. They all had one thing in common, they were all so very sweet. It was hard for me to leave them at the end of they day. It broke my heart because these poor children are locked in their our minds. All of them were non-verbal with exception of one. Sometimes you will see these kids get frustrated, but wouldn't you if you couldn't communicate with the world around you. My heart and prayers go out to these kids, their parents, families and teachers. They are all so very special and really touched me today!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awwwh! I think if I had to teach kids like that I would come home crying every day! Sweet story...I can see you teaching them, you would be great!
You made me cry! I was already crying because I was on my page and The Sister song came on. I don't know why I put it on my page because everytime it comes on I start Boo Hooing!!!!!
Maybe you've found your calling. Special Ed. teachers are highly needed. You should definitely check into that certification
Post a Comment