Monday, September 8, 2008

I NEED YOUR HELP!!

OK everyone I have found a diabetes walk that is going on in San Antonio. It will be held on October 11th at the Alamodome. I would like as many people as possible to participate in the walk, but if you can't make it you can make a donation online. All the proceeds go to finding a cure for diabetes!!

I will give those of you who don't know me a little background information. Two years ago I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. From that day forward my life changed forever. I am so lucky to have the support of my family and friends who have helped me through this time.

Diabetes is now just a part of life, and I know it could be a lot worse!! With all the advances in technology my life with diabetes is very manageable. I just hope that one day there will be a cure and I feel very confident that there will be.

Now is the time for us to do our part and donate to a great cause!! Any little thing will help and it would be greatly appreciated not only by me but all the others out there who struggle with this life changing disease.

Please go to www.walk.jdrf.org (sorry I couldn't get the hyperlink to work)for more information. If you would like to participate in the walk register under Team 2 Sweet and I am the team captain.

THANKS!!

5 comments:

Ashley Phillips' Photography said...

Ash, sorry I can't join to walk...Kim is due right around that date! But I'll be sure to donate to your team!

ajphillips said...

Yup that will be fine!

The Phillips said...

We will be there!

The Wiemers said...

Don't think I'll be up to walking yet. That is a great thing you are doing.

schaefer's said...

Sounds like fun! Glad you are getting into it! Got my walking shoes ready! I will be there and will sign up online!