Sunday, February 22, 2009

A little catching up to do...

**UPDATE** I found my ring!!:) I feel like the biggest DORK...it was in our bathroom the whole time. I was getting ready this morning and just happend to look over at this hook I have on the wall that I sometimes put my jewlery and there it was. I just thought I had lost it becasue it was not with all my other jewerly I had worn that night. Oh well I don't care that I'm a HUGE DORK I'm just glad I found it!!

I have been so bad about blogging lately so I will try to fill you in on whats been happening here with the Wards. To start off our Secretary came back last week!!! YAY!!! I cannot tell you how happy I am to have her back. She is just a wonderful lady and I really missed her. Please pray that her husband does not get too sick from chemo which he will be starting tomorrow.

Valentines day was VERY laid back. I moved from the bed to the couch and stayed there pretty much all day. I think we watched 4 movies that day! But you know I don't think I would have wanted it any other way. It was so nice to relax.
These are some cute Valentines cookies my mother-in-law gave us. I told her they were too pretty to eat...but Gordon had NO problem.


That Sunday we went and ate dinner with Jordan and Ashley. They were in town for the San Antonio Rodeo. I always enjoy getting to visit with them. Wish we could more often.

Monday my mom and I had a fun mother/daughter day. We started off with a little shopping. Then we went and saw Confessions of a Shopaholic. VERY CUTE!! Then we ended with more shopping. Oh and of course we had to eat at our favorite Chinese food restaurant. It's pretty bad they know our names and what we order.


I also went and saw He's Just not That Into You with my sister when she was down...WAY CUTE!! I loved it!! So needless to say I am all caught up on my movies.

Ok so now that brings me to this weekend. Friday night we went to the Rodeo and saw Jason Alden. We had a lot of fun, I always love watching the rodeo. I don't think I've missed a year since I was about 5. Then Saturday we went to the Comal County Jr. Livestock Gala. We had fun visiting with friends but I did have something really bad happen. When I got home I went to take my jewelry off and something was missing...my Tarleton ring. I was so sad and trying to rack my brain to remember the last time I had it on. I have to idea where I lost it. My hands were so cold that my fingers shrunk and I kept putting them in and out of my coat pockets and I guess it just slipped off without me knowing. I am just sick about it because that ring really means a lot to me. It's a very unique ring. A jeweler in Stephenville custom makes them. :( I hope to save enough money to get another one.
This is a pic of Gordon and I at the Gala...not too good of me, but I really love Gordon in his cowboy hat.

Then this morning we got up and and headed to my parents house for a little visit. My Aunt Nancy and Uncle Eddie were there with my little cousin Haley. We of course had to do a little fishing at the tank. Eddie caught the first one and then Gordon. Me...NO FISH!! I have such bad luck when it comes to fishing. I hope to practice a lot at the coast this summer!!

Gordon and I being silly taking pictures of ourselves

Little Miss Haley fishing

Uncle Eddie with his big ol' catfish

4 comments:

ajphillips said...

Glad you updated. I'm having blogger withdrawals right now...but I have no pictures and I hate blogging without pictures!

Candice Ronshausen said...

awww. my neice is so adorable fishing!!! haha! Glad you all are doing well! I guess I need to update my blog for February!

The Wiemers said...

Sounds like a busy weekend. Glad you found your ring.

Cheryl said...

Ashley,
Thank you soooo much for your encouraging comment! You are a great friend. This blog world is so strange sometimes. I feel like even though we have never met, you are a great friend and I'm always wishing you the best. It's wonderful to have such a neat support system. Thank you again!