Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fun Weekend...

Saturday Gordon and I walked in the MS Walk at the AT&T center. We walked for my sisters best friend Shelly. My sister and Koby also came down for the walk. It was SOOOO great to see Koby. I had not seen him since my moms surgery. I was REALLY missing him. The weather was nice it was just really windy...it made for a good workout with all that resistance. HAHA After the walk we all went to eat at La Hacienda...GREAT mexican food. My sister decided that see wanted to kidnap me so we dropped Gordon off and I went with them out to my parents. Dad was at the coast for a golf and fishing tournament so it was just us girls...and Koby. We watched Mamma Mia. I LOVED IT!! I am a big fan of musicals and that one was awesome.

Tomorrow I am going out with Kayla and Lori...Gordons BFs wife and sister. I can't wait I always have fun with them. Then Friday we are going out the the Scout Bar to see the Spazmatics with some of my sisters friends. I wish Shell could come down again but she was just here. The Spazmatics are a group the dress up like "dorks" and play 80's music....which I LOVE!! I think it will be a fun show.

Gordon and I also have A LOT of project we want to start. First we would like to paint the living room and a few other little places. I am really tired of the color. Really I think it's just too much, we have it in every room. We are also thinking about putting down laminate wood floors in the living room. We have stained concrete in there right know but one section of the concrete is really beat up and it bothers me. We found the perfect floors at Costco for a great price so I think we are going to do it. After that big project we hope to just finish up some little stuff and start on the outside.

I know what you are thinking "I thought you were looking to move"...well I think we have put that on hold for a few years. Right now we just don't make enough to really save a whole lot and we really would like to put down a nice down payment. I will hopefully get a teaching position at the end of this school year and then it will be smooth sailing from there and we can hit the saving HARD. On that note it is sounding very hopeful that I will get teaching job!! I will keep you posted on that. So for the meantime we are just going to make this house even better and hope that I will be content with that HAHA!!

Ok enough talking here are some pictures from the walk....



2 comments:

The Wiemers said...

Busy Weekend! Have fun with the projects. It seems like they are never ending.

ajphillips said...

Looks like yall had a good weekend. Did you get my email?

I agree with Kim, projects are never ending!