This weekend we attended the JDRF Promise Ball in Ft. Worth. JDRF stands for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Juvenile diabetes is also know as type 1 diabetes, which is what I have. I was diagnosed about 3 years ago. At first it was a devastating diagnoses for me but over time and with the technology they have now it’s just a fact of life.
The Promise ball is a HUGE event put on by only 4 employees but a ton of volunteers. My sister was one of those volunteers. She has been working so hard the last few months trying to get all sorts of silent auction items. Let me tell you she did a great job!! I think there were around 80 silent auction items. There was a ton of neat stuff. The Ft. Worth JDRF chapter raised almost $900,000.000!!
This was really a neat experience for me. To see all this people out for a cause the directly affects me. It really made me feel that I am not alone with diabetes. I am very confident that there will be a cure in my life time and it will be thanks to all these generous people.
Which brings me to one person in particular that was extremely generous last night and that was my brother-in-law, George. He pledged to donate $1,250.00. I can’t explain how touched I was, it brought tears to my eyes. I just want to thank Shellie and George for all they did.
Sister,
I don’t think you will ever know how much that meant to me that you would offer up your time and hard work in my honor. I love you more than words can explain. You are a great big sister and I’m so lucky to have you. Last night was an experience I will never forget. You have a heart of gold!! Thank you so much for all you did for JDRF and me.
LOVE YA!!
So here are some pictures of us all before we left:
Me and the Hubs
Scotty what to be in the picture to!!
George and Shellie
(the best sister and BIL in the world) They are so cute!!
3 comments:
You look pretty Ash! So neat...and how fun to get all dressed up.
You look absolutely stunning in that purple dress! I am partial to purple but that one is really pretty. Where did you find it? Sounds like it was a fun event for a very good cause!
I like your dress! Glad you enjoyed it and it was a good cause!
Post a Comment