Thursday, May 7, 2009

Show Us Where you Live Friday…Living Rooms

Ok so we are about to head into the Ward living room.  Its not huge or fancy but it’s nice and cozy.  Our living room just had a little (well BIG to us) facelift.  We painted the walls and ceiling,  installed new floors and light fixtures.  I also have to say most of the things in our living room are hand-me-downs.  The couch and oversized chair were my parents from their old house.  The entertainment center was my sisters and the entry way table thing was my grandmas.

Enough talking here it is…

This is what you see when you walk in our front door.  I just LOVE my cross painting…I got it in Canton. That table is the one from my grandma. It used to be a wash basin.  We stained it dark and put new handles on it.  I think it’s a pretty neat piece.

living room 002  This is the entertainment center I was talking about.  I like it because I can display a lot of pictures there.

living room 004 

This is my favorite shelf. My sister made that platter for me as a Christmas gift this year.living room 005 living room 006

I got these stars from Home Goods…it’s a TJ Maxx for Homes!!

 

 

 living room 010

This is the view from the hallway coming out of our room.  Yes, that is a deer on the wall.  SORRY!!  I told Gordon there would be NO deer in our next house (maybe if we have a game room I will allow it) haha.  I’m not crazy about it but I guess it kind of goes with the rustic theme.  Please remember we do live in South/Central TEXAS!!

I got the tree in the corner really cheap at Hobby Lobby…got to love the

40% off coupon!!

living room 009 

That’s about it.  Hope you liked it!  See ya’ll next week!!

9 comments:

The Gilliland Family said...

LOVE your entertainment center! Where did you get it?? And where is this Home Goods store??

Heather said...

Love your living room! So cute and I love your decorations!! So pretty and love your blog!!

Crystal said...

I absolutely love your cross paiting!! And your entertainment center!!

Blessings,
Crystal (heart mom)

ajphillips said...

Everything looks great Ash! I think I may have to vaccum my floors at lunch and take a few pics to participate! So fun!

Chelsa said...

love the entertainment center! i also like those stars! so cute! we also have a deer head hanging on our wall! (we live in indiana) my husband insists that it hang there!

Watts Family said...

I love Canton!! You have a beautiful home. Have a great weekend.

Many Blessings,

Amanda

Pam Bowers said...

very cozy. I like your sense of style. The hand-me-downs are fab too.

FiDesigns said...

I just love your entertainment center!!

Sar(Mrs.Teddy) said...

What a cozy space (despite the deer head-LOL). I love the entry way, the cross painting & re-invented table thing are really nice! Thanks for sharing!