Friday, July 31, 2009

Show us your life…wedding party

Here we are again showing off our weddings.  Our ceremony took place on November 10, 2007 at Oakwood Baptist Church here in New Braunfels, TX.  Everything about it was beautiful if I may say so myself.  I have to thank my wonderful mom, sister and dad for making our wedding everything I had dreamt about. 

We had a photo montage playing as our guest were seated.  The beginning was pictures of me growing up and the song was “Because you loved me” by Celine Dion.  Next pictures of Gordon as a little boy to “Best Day” by George Strait.  The end was pictures of Gordon and I from the beginning of our relationship to our engagement pictures to"Once in a lifetime love” by Keith Urban. I loved this because I think it really set the tone for the rest of the ceremony.

Here are some pictures….

These are my girls

PB100081    

left to right Amanda- She was my MOH. I have know her since the day she was born.  My mom and her mom Patty have been friend since they were babies and so have we.  I am just a few years older than her.

Christine- We were best friends since pre first but recently went our separate ways and decided it was time to no longer be friends.  It’s a sad thing to think about but I will try to just remember the good memories we made.

My big Sis (Shellie)- She was my Matron Of Honor.  My sister and I are eleven years apart but the best of friends.  I know that she will always be there for my no matter what.  She is like a second mom to me.

Molly- We have know each other since 3rd grade.  Molly is the most kind hearted, sweetest person you could ever know.  I’m so happy for her she will be getting married next year to a GREAT guy!!

Ashley-  My college roommate.  Ashley and I shared lots of laughs and a few tears in our duplex in Stephenville.  I hate that we live so far from one another but we keep up via our blogs.

What a group of guys…not only does Gordon love each and everyone of them but so do I.  I love that Gordon has such wonderful friends.

PB100203_edited-1

left to right Garrett-Gordon’s brother, Brandon-HS buddy, Jeremiah-HS buddy, Chad- Best Man & Gordon’s best friend from HS, Jeffery- HS buddy & college roommate, Cody- Gordon’s brother, George- My BIL, and of course Koby-my nephew & the ring bearer. 

PB103876

My dad walking me down the aisle.  As you can see I am about to lose it.  I tried so hard to hold it in but I broke out into the ugly cry!!  Even my dad was crying…I’ve only seen him do that twice so that was hard.  My FIL also cried.  Seeing these very strong men cry was the hardest part.

044bw

My sister, me and mom sharing a moment.  Shellie had a handkerchief made for me with my new initials and our wedding date.  I LOVE these two ladies with ALL my heart.

PB103976_edited-1

My bouquet was EXACTLY what I wanted!! Courtney at Occasions of New Braunfels did a wonderful job and she was awesome to work with.

“Bless the Broken Road” was sang while our moms lit the candles.  Then “When you say nothing at all” when we lit the unity candle. It was BEATIFUL!! 

Pastor Ray married us and I couldn’t have asked for a better pastor.  He made us feel like he was talking just to us.  He held so tightly to our hands that I feel nothing will ever break us. 

I wish I could put our video on here because I just can’t do it justice. 

So that is a little piece of the day I became Mrs. Ward.  That really was the best day.  I’m so very blessed to be a part of Gordon’s family and him a part of mine.  I’m so excited to see what the lord has in store for us.  He has already blessed us in these almost TWO years of our marriage. 

Sorry that was so long!!  It’s just so fun to remember that day!!

5 comments:

Cody Jean said...

Everything looks gorgeous! I love your dress. Thanks for sharing!

Love with a Latte said...

I found your blog from Kelly's McLinky page. I love that we both are Texans and are Ward's! Are you by chance a teacher too? Anyway, your wedding pictures are great and I'm going to start following your blog which by the way, is absolutely adorable. I could use some help...I'm new at all of this!!!

Christa said...

Your wedding pictures are so beautiful! I love your dress!

Christa
Magnolia, Texas

ajphillips said...

You had a very pretty wedding..but I hate that picture of me...it looks like I'm pushing everyone away or something. lol!

ajphillips said...

The shorts came from Dillards... $9!!!