Sunday, October 11, 2009

It’s Fall Y’all

This weekend has been feeling a lot more like fall down here!!  It's been cool and a little gloomy, but it sure is nice to see some green from all this rain.

Friday a cold front came in so I decided I wanted something warm for dinner.  I made a HUGE pot of taco soup...YUM...YUM!!  I also made some cornbread to go with it, you must try the Marie Callenders cornbread.  All you have to do is add water, so easy.  It’s just the right amount of sweet.(you can find it at HEB)IMG_0153This is Cole all curled up on a pillow ready for bed that night.

IMG_0128

Saturday I got up bright and early…well it was not so bright outside at 5:30!!  I volunteered to proctor the SAT test at our school.  It was an easy and fast way to make some $$$ to go towards my couch fund.  I felt so bad for the kids because I know how much I hated that test.

Once I got home Gordon and I headed to La Cantera to take his jeans to the Buckle to get hemmed.  We stopped on the way and ate at my favorite Chinese restaurant.  We decided to be spontaneous and watch Couples Retreat.  It was 4:55 and the movie started at 5:00 so I guess we timed it pretty good.  The movie was TOO funny!!!  Loved it!!

image

Today has just been a lazy Sunday.  We went to church then to eat Mexican food with Gordon’s parents and Grandma.  Gordon is playing golf on the Wii and I’m about to do some laundry. YUCK!!  I will leave you with some pictures of “fall stuff” around our house.  I just love this time of year.

IMG_0136

IMG_0138

IMG_0155

Oh and this little lamp I got from Hobby Lobby a while back…I think its so cute!!

IMG_0142

Hope you all have a GREAT week!!!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Cute stuff! I'm going to try that cornbread!

The Wiemers said...

It has been cold here. All I want to do is curl up on the couch. I like your decor.