Apparently I'm not so great at knowing exactly how far along I am. This week stuff has always confused me. When I went to the doctor she said I was 8 weeks and 6 days. But when I put my due date in everything it says I am 10 weeks. So I'm just going to go with the little tickers for now just so I can keep up easier.
Today I had an appointment at the specialist office. It did not start off real great. My appointment was a 7:45 but due to a really bad accident I got there at 8:15!!! I HATE driving in San Antonio in the morning. Thank goodness I could still see them. It sure is going to be difficult juggling all these appointments and work. You see my doctors are all in the medical center in San Antonio so I have a bit of a drive. This may be an inconvenience but they are the BEST so you do what you have to.
Ok so on to the appointment. I just met with the RN and we talked about my diabetes care. It's very hard for me to give that over to someone else especially when my numbers are so great. She put me on a pretty strict diet, which I was not too happy about at first. I had a little melt down on the phone with Gordon after the appointment. Now that I have cooled down I have realized this is going to be a good thing. Maybe I won't gain as much weight and it will be easier to get it off after the baby is born.
Speaking of after the baby is born, Gordon and I went to a childcare fair tonight. WOW is all I have to say...I knew it was expensive but MAN!! I would just stay home but I need the insurance so that kind of stinks!! I wanted to start looking early so that I make sure and have options. I want to also look into in home daycare's. Again just a little update on whats going on.
2 comments:
Oh yes, it is very expensive...and it is one of those you pay for what you get kind of things! I know most of the GOOD daycares here are full and have about 2 year waiting list, so it is good to start early. Just my opinion on home childcare, I believe there are lots of distractions in a home childcare (like the care person can do laundry, dishes, the internet, bills, etc) instead of spending all their time with the children. Daycares normally have a set agenda, unlike a home and can teach your child more. Plus most have video cameras so you can come in and check on your child without them seeing you at any time. Just my opinion, not trying to tell you what to do! I know you'll make the best decision for yourself! I've just thought about the 2 a lot and that is how I feel! Best of luck on finding something perfect for Baby Ward!
I totally agree with Ashley on home day cares! I'm speaking just from staying at home with my own kids. I have so much too do that I'm with them but I'm making beds, folding clothes, doing laundry, etc. It's tough! Teaching is the best Mom profession though! :)
Post a Comment