Friday, January 1, 2010

What a Wonderful Christmas 2009

So we have been back from Lake Tahoe since Monday.  I have been trying to recuperate from our seven day trip.  Let me tell you Lake Tahoe is BEAUTIFUL!!  We had so much fun and it was great to be all together for that period of time.  This was our FIRST ever whole family vacation.  I think we made the most of it.  We ate ALL the time…skied…played in the snow…gambled a little(well some of us more than others-SHELLIE!! HA)…and snowmobiling!! 

This will be one of the most memorable times ever.  It started off pretty scary!!  We rented a suburban at the airport and had about and hour and a half drive ahead of us from Reno to Lake Tahoe in the dark.  Right when we got out of Reno into Carson City the snow started.  Poor dad had to drive us right through a really bad snow storm.  The only way we made it was with the GPS that Shellie and George brought.  Dad would follow the curves on the GPS because he could not see the road at all.  I was a nervous wreak!!  On the way back down the mountain the following Monday dad said “I don’t know how we made it up this” because we could see the switchbacks in the daylight…SCARY!!  

Ok so enough talking here are some pictures…

christmas 2009 132  The house

christmas 2009 133 The HUGE tress in the front yard

christmas 2009 135 Koby in the backyard

christmas 2009 139

christmas 2009 140 I’m glad I didn’t ski that day…it was COLD!!

christmas 2009 141 Look at that ice

christmas 2009 146 Christmas morning…the boys playing with Koby’s remote control plane.

christmas 2009 150 Me,Shell, and dad on the slopes

christmas 2009 154 Just a funny pic of dad trying to get his pant buttoned back up.

christmas 2009 155 Dad and Gordon…sorry about the sun.  It was a BEAUTIFUL day.  It was Christmas day!!

christmas 2009 156

christmas 2009 158

christmas 2009 160 Mom all bundled up…we called her the “little Russian” because of her hat.  She looked too cute in it.

christmas 2009 162 Koby and George at Kirkwood

christmas 2009 168 The “Kobster”

christmas 2009 169 Dad looking out at the view

christmas 2009 172 Freezing on top of the mountain 

christmas 2009 178 Gordon on our Snowmobile

christmas 2009 184 The Fam coming up the hill after taking Koby sledding by the house

christmas 2009 176 Mom and Dad on top of the mountain

christmas 2009 189 The skating rink right by Heavenly

christmas 2009 188 Dad about to nail someone with a snowball

Thank you so much Mom and Dad for this VERY memorable Christmas!!  We had so much fun and will never forget it!!  Love you all!

1 comment:

ajphillips said...

Looks like a great trip. I can't imagine the snow there since we had 8 inches in Texas! It looks cold...I'm a Spring Break ski girl because I just can't stand the cold anymore! Hope you are feeling better and can't wait to hear about your Dr's Appointment coming up soon! Have a great 2010! It's going to be an exciting one!