Monday, February 1, 2010

13 Week Baby Update

I sure hope y'all don't get tired of hearing about this little baby, I promise I still have a life!! HA  Ok so on to the fun stuff.  I had 4 appointments today...yes you read that right 4!!  First, my regular OB for a check up.  We listened to the heart which is the most BEAUTIFUL sound EVER.  It was 162 nice and strong.  Then it was over to the specialist.  I am having the integrated down syndrome and cystic fibrosis test done.  This is all voluntary testing just to rule things out(I'm not at any higher risk).  With the integrated test they measure the baby and draw blood.  In order to do the measurements they do a sonogram.  Our baby is measuring right at 13 weeks and 1 day.  All the measurements they took also looked good.  They will do more blood work at 15 weeks, then we will have the results. The next two visits were just the eye doctor and the dentist.  Nothing too exciting there!!

I will leave you with a picture of our baby...which is looking more and more like a baby.  He or she put on another show.  He/she was moving his/her butt up and down and dancing all around.  I told Gordon I think it's a girl because she was moving like Beyonce in there!!  I'm telling you one way or another this baby has some moves!!  The sonographer said that we had a photogenic baby but I think he/she got tired of it by the end because he/she was trying to hind.  Four more weeks and I can stop saying it and he/she!!!  I can't wait!!!

4 comments:

The Wiemers said...

It is crazy how much they grow and start looking like a baby so fast!!! Glad all is well!!!

Anonymous said...

So sweet! I love the picture! It is amazing how fast they start to look like babies! Glad everything is wonderful!!! Can't wait to hear if its a boy or girl!!!

Dez, Jenn and Ava Lewis!!! said...

SOrry that anonymous was me!!! HA HA I hit the wrong button!!!

Glenna said...

It is amazing how much this little baby has changed. You can really tell how he/she looks and see the little one all there. Isn't it exciting!