Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Just some random stuff...

All I have for you today is a bunch of random stuff.  

1.  I'm official now...I just took my last test for teaching (the EC-12 PPR) and PASSED!!  Barely but I did it.  I'm SO happy to be finished with tests.  Good golly I feel like that's all I have done the last two years...test after test.

2.  Speaking of testing our kiddos are benchmark and TAKS testing this week :(  BOO!!  I really do feel for these kids.  I know how terrified I was as a student taking these test.  These days I feel like all they do is teach to the test.  I'm so glad they don't have a test for speech.  I would be a nervous wreak!! 

3. Not only am I an official teacher...I'm also an official mom.  We bought a Nissan Murano a few weeks back so I have a mom car now!!  I feel like the timing was perfect.  I had a Toyota Camry which as you know was on the big recall list.  Well we traded it in and did very well.  I'm in LOVE with my new (well it's new to me...it's used but in great condition) car.  I'm loving the backup camera and it rides like a dream.

4.  People are starting to ask others if I'm expecting.  Today when I walked into work our athletic trainer "Doc" ask our nurse if I was pregnant and I overheard him.  He knows Gordon from when he played football for Canyon and he always gives me a hard time because I married a Ward boy.  I told him "yes Doc I'm pregnant...not fat!!"  He said "Well I was wondering"  I thought it was pretty funny.  I really am at the stage where people want to ask but are afraid to. 

So yep...I told ya RANDOM!!  I will leave you with a picture of our one and only Cole and my mom car.
Oh do you know how hard it is to get a picture of a pet??  Is this how it will be taking pictures of kids?? HAHA Gosh I love that little face!!




4 comments:

Whitney said...

How's this for random... I like your garage floor! :)

I know poor kids and these stinking TAKS tests! We should all protest and not show up on TAKS days! Ha ha!

ajphillips said...

You always wanted a Murano! I love my Nissan....only a few more months and it will be paid off....then I'm driving it until I can pay cash for my next car. You know me and my crazy goals! :)

Congrats Mommy-to-be!

The Wiemers said...

I like your new car. You will really enjoy having the extra space with a little one. Congrats on passing all your test!

Candice Ronshausen said...

I was about to say the same... i love that garage floor! haha! glad everything is going well. Love you!!