Friday, May 7, 2010

Life as it is right now

So my life has been pretty crazy the last few weeks.  I hadn't blogged about this big issue in my life yet, I have been a nervous wreak for weeks.  Well here it goes...a while back my Principal emailed me saying we needed to talk.  I knew right away this was not good.  While in his office he told me with the changes to the high school requirements(middle school students can take speech to earn HS credit) there are not enough students taking speech next year for me to be able to stay at CHS.  He said that he was looking into other possibilities for me but I knew being a new teacher they could very well just let me go.  All I could think of was we just bought a house, a new car and we have a baby on the way.  Not to mention insurance companies won't touch me with a ten foot pole and my husband is self employed...WHAT.ARE.WE.GOING.TO.DO?? On to the good news...I found out Wednesday that I will be at Smithson Valley Middle School teaching speech and yearbook.  I feel so blessed that my Principal believed in me and fought to keep me in the district.  It's actually a blessing in disguise because it will be closer to home and I will be teaching the same subject so I won't have to plan all summer!!  I also went to SVMS so I will be back on my side of the district....GO RANGERS!!

I'm very excited about this weekend because I will be celebrating my very first Mother's Day.  No, Jaxon is not here yet but I still feel very much like a mom already.  I would do anything for my little man.  I already feel so much love for this sweet baby growing inside of me.  I know my life will forever change when he arrives and I just can't wait!!  I just hope that I can be the mommy that he deserves.  I have so many wonderful women to look up to and call on for help...my mom, mother-in-law and sister.  Thank you ladies for showing me what it means to be a mom.  I love you all with all my heart!!
 
To all you moms out there HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY weekend!!  

 

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh' man... bless your heart! So glad everything worked out! I'm 99% sure they wouldn't have let you go though! :) But I'm like you I always think of the worst.

Happy first Mother's Day!

ajphillips said...

That is great news Ashlee! Glad everything worked out for you! Hope you had a great weekend!

The Wiemers said...

Congrats! I know that is a big relief!