Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Doctors Appointment update **EDIT** Sono pics added



 I think this one is just too sweet...looks like his mommy with those fat cheeks!!


Ok this is the little guy sticking out his tongue...and yes that is a foot and hand you see by his face.  That is my silly boy!!
This is his John Lennon look ha!

I had doctors appointments yesterday and today.  Yesterday was with the specialist, they did a bio/physical sono which is just checking the fluid, movement, heart and all that good stuff.  We got some good 4D pics again(I will scan them and add them tomorrow).  My blood pressure was a little elevated(still in the normal range...but for me it was higher) and I have some swelling.  This time I also had some protein in my urine.  We did my blood pressure again and it was down.  The doctor is having me do a 24 hour urine test just to see what's going on.

Today I went to my regular OB.  She was not concerned about the swelling and what not because my blood pressure has been and still is good.  We did start talking about dates and it sounds like our little boys birthday is going to be August 2, 2010!!  That is if he doesn't decide to come sooner.  She does want me to get lots of rest and keep my "fat little feet" up.  (she didn't call them that...I tell Gordon that my toes look like vienna sausages).  They are not a pretty sight right now!!

She did say she was going to schedule me for a C-section and my eyes got pretty big.  You see my little guy has not taken a turn yet, so he is breech.  He still has time to turn, but we are thinking about some alternatives.  My doctor just wants to make sure we have an OR if need be.  We also set up for a external cephalic version.  That is a procedure that will (hopefully) turn the baby.  This will be done July 26th if he has not turned on his own by then.  I just want to try everything to avoid having a C-section.  She also checked me today and I am about 1cm dilated.


So anyways thats where we stand right now....PLEASE pray that little man turns.  I will be standing on my head if you need me HAHA!!

2 comments:

Dez, Jenn and Ava Lewis!!! said...

So close now! I had a c section and if that is what you end up having not going through hours of labor makes it much easier to recover! But always natural is the way to go! ava was just not doing well with the induction. But it ended up being much easier than i imagined! Will be praying he turns and csection is not needed! glad all is well!

ajphillips said...

I've heard great things about just having a C-section too...but we'll be praying that he will turn!