Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's been a while...

So I'm settling in here at the house now that school has been out for a few weeks.  We have just been hanging out getting things organized and ready for the little guy.  His room is not ready yet.  That has been something else.  Painting stripes is not an easy thing.  We are doing a little at a time this week, so I hope to have some pictures of the final project at the end of the week.  It won't be completely finished because a very talented friend of mine is going to paint a bed canopy with Jaxon's name on it.  I'm just so excited and I think his room is going to be PERFECT!!

We had a really nice fathers day.  We went and hung out with my dad Saturday before they left for the coast Sunday.  My dad is always on the move.  He was mowing the lawn when we got there.  My mom had made a yummy mexican lunch...I'm telling you that woman can cook!!  After we ate dad said he was going to finish mowing....I told him to think again, he had to visit with us.  Poor thing you would have thought we were torturing him...ha!!  That is just one of the things I love about my dad.  He is such a hard worker and has always provided for his family.  My dad has always wanted me to have anything and everything that I have ever wanted.  What a GREAT life I have had and it's all because of all his hard work!!  I love you dad so very much, can't wait for Jaxon to get to know his Pops!!

Sunday, we went to Church with my in-laws.  It was a really great service about parenting.  I hope I can be the parent God wants me to be.  I know with a husband like mine it will be a lot easier.  After Church we went to Gordon's parents for yet another yummy meal.  I have to thank my FIL for raising such an amazing son.  Gordon wouldn't be the person he is today if it weren't for Billy.   I know that Gordon got his strong work ethic and his love for his family from his dad!!  We love you Billy!!

To my hubby who will be a daddy in a month or so, I just can't wait to see the bond you will have with your son.  He is already one LUCKY little guy to have you as his daddy.  The love you show me is unbelievable and I know that will just grow as be become parents together.  I love you to the moon and back and I'm so glad you chose me to be the mommy to your son!!

I know that Father's Day stuff was a little late...but I guess better late than never.  We didn't take any pics :(  I really need to get better about that.

1 comment:

ajphillips said...

So you're telling me we should probably never try the harlequin? I've been wondering about his room. Are you still doing the chair rail or did you decide against that with the stripes?