Man what a week it has been so far!! I have been up and down for sure. It all started Friday when I got a call from Dr. H's office. They finally got the results from my 24 hour urine test and I did have protein. They wanted me to come in for some blood work. Remember I live about 45 mins away and it is about 3:30 on a Friday...this should be fun in SA traffic. Thank goodness my mom happen to be at my house so we jumped in the car and off we went. We got there had blood drawn and they ordered it stat and said Dr. H would call as soon as he got the results. I'm so lucky to have him as my doctor!! Funny thing is I used to spend the night at his house all the time because his daughter was a childhood friend of mine. I think he is extra precautions with me because he knows me personally. Sorry that was a little side note!
So the waiting began....around eight that night Dr. H called he said I did have the protein but it wasn't too bad. So that brings us to Tuesday and my regular visit which was a growth check. When taking my vitals they noticed that my blood pressure was up. We went ahead with the sono. Jaxon looked great but still breech and weighing in at 6.12 lbs!! Dr. H said he would like for Dr. K to do the version sooner than later because of my elevated blood pressure. He gave her a call but she was not in yesterday. I spoke with Dr. K's office this morning and they told me to come in today instead of tomorrow which was my scheduled appointment.
At this point I start to freak out a little. Gordon is out of town right now working down south and cell phone service is a little sketchy. I didn't know if Dr. K was going to try to turn him today or what. I didn't know if I should tell Gordon to head this way....WHAT WAS I GOING TO DO!!
I got to Dr. K's office with my mom. She checked me and I was dilated to a 1 or 2 and she was feeling around to see what position Jaxon was in. Pretty much he is stuck sideways with his little bottom down in my pelvic area. His head is under my right rib and his feet are under my left rib so basically in a U shape. Dr. K said my stomach is just really little and tight and she doesn't feel like she would be able to turn him. She said she could try but it wouldn't be likely.
In the end we decided that a C-section was the way to go and because of his size and her going out of town soon we decided on next Wednesday. Yes, you read that right July 21st will be Jaxon's birthday!! One week from today I will be holding my baby boy!! This is not exactly the way I hoped for it all to play out but really the end result is well worth it. Please pray for a safe delivery and that Jaxon's lungs are well developed.
I will keep everyone updated but that is the plan!!
10 comments:
I'm so excited for you! I will pray that everything is okay and you have a safe delivery and recovery.
We will be praying for you! At least you will know exactly when he will be born and it sounds like he is decent size! I am sure it will all go fine because if the doctors were worried about Jaxon being too early they wouldn't do it! We can't wait! Best Wishes!
Good luck! I pray it all goes well for you and I know it will! I had a c-section at 32 weeks with my twin girls and their lungs were great!! Hope all goes well!!! So exciting that you will have your little miracle in your arms next week!!!
Blessings to you and Gordan for a healthy and safe delivery!
by then, you will just be two weeks early... shouldn't make that big of a difference in his development. my sister had ella at 37 weeks and she was just fine. i will be praying that everything goes well.
Praying for you Ashlee! So excited!!
Post a few times before then so you can look back and remember exactly what you are feeling before he gets here. I didn't do that and SO wish I did!
God bless you both and your sweet baby Jaxon =) All will be just fine!
You are getting so close now! I had all three of my girls C-section. Its not the way we ever have it planned out but the dr.s only do what is best. How exciting to know he will be here next week!!! Enjoy your week... We cant wait to see him!
YAY! So exciting! Cannot wait to see pics of him!
congrats! that is so exciting! sorry that it did not turn out just like you had planned!So happy for yall! i had a csection and i loved that i had one! i know that is weird to say but at the end of it all i was grateful that was how ava had to be born! We will keep you guys in our prayers! can't wait to see pictures! We also live in San Antonio if you guys ever need anything! please let me know!
I have been following your blog and just wanted you to know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers on Wednesday. I hope Jaxon's delivery goes smoothly. How exciting! And I LOVE his nursery. Yall did a wonderful job on it!
Post a Comment