Friday, January 6, 2012

A Christmas to Remember

I had the whole week off before Christmas this year which was so nice.  I also had a healthy baby boy to start of the break which was even better.  I decided that I better get him to see Santa before he got sick…I just figure that’s how we are going to roll for now…HA.  My poor child. 

So that Tuesday Jaxon and Momma had a date to see Santa at Bass Pro (this was not his first trip to Santa, but the first one didn’t go so hot).  So I loaded him up and we were on our way.  We got there around 10:30-10:45 and got a pass for 12.  They had a cute carousel to ride so we did that twice.  Jax loved it!!

photo 1 photo 2

We went to the restaurant in the store to get his belly full before the big meeting.  Then we headed to stand in line for about 30-45mins.  I was getting very worried that we were going to have a repeat performance because by this time we had missed prime napping time.  As we approached the “big guy” I dropped Jaxon in his lap and ran…I just knew I would have to be fast.  Much to my surprise he just looked at him and smiled!!  YAY!!  BUT…they didn’t snap the picture fast enough and we got a funny little look.  Oh well he wasn't screaming so I’ll take it.  (this is a picture of the picture with my phone)

photo 3

Christmas eve was spent with the Ward side.  We went to Gordon’s grandmas for lunch.  These are his three youngest cousins with Jax and Bentley.  You can’t tell they are sisters can you?!?  Such sweeties!!  Bentley and Jaxon’s outfits are from Nana.  They are just too cute.  She made Darilyn and I both shutterfly books with the kids pictures.  It’s their own personal Night Before Christmas book with adorable pictures that Gordon’s Aunt Linda took.  Such a unique and special gift I will never forget!!  I have one AMAZING mother-in-law that is just crazy about her grandbabies.  Love you Vicki!!

IMG_0215 IMG_0214It’s pretty much impossible to get them both looking at the camera at the same time.

IMG_0216  IMG_0217

or at the camera for that matter!! HA

IMG_0219

Oh wait put some food in front of them and you can.  They just look too big sitting there at that table.

After lunch and a visit we headed to Nana and Pa’s.  Uncle Cody got both kids powerweels.  They were a big hit to say the least. One little problem…they just wanted to lay on the boxes not open them.  Silly kids!!

IMG_0223 IMG_0226

IMG_0228 “Um…B yours looks fun!!”

IMG_0233

“Oh never mind check out this red one!!”

IMG_0240

Cody also surprised his brothers with Xboxes.  Can you say spoiled.  He’s such a sweet guy!!

IMG_0242

This like never happens people!!

IMG_0232

Nana surprised Pa with a guitar.  Now he can play for Jax and B.  They also surprised us BIG TIME with Ipads.  What a great family gift for us all.  I know one little boy who is really loving it.

Christmas morning Jaxon woke up at about 1:30 with a horrible cough and a fever.  So he slept in while we opened our gifts.  My parents, Shellie, George, and Koby were all at our house. 

photo 1a The only picture I got from the adults and Koby opening their gifts was of my dad.  My sister had a BEAUTIFUL painting done of him fishing.  Dad was so surprised that he cried…sorry dad had to tell on you!!  He NEVER does that.  It was such and awesome moment.  My sister is like the best gift giver ever. 

IMG_0243 You can’t see it because of the glare but his boat is in the background.  It looks so much like him it’s unreal.  It’s going to look great in their new house!!

Once Jaxon woke up all the attention was on him.  He still didn’t really know what to do and every present he opened he wanted to stop and play with.

IMG_0245

IMG_0244

His bike from Santa

IMG_0246

His bee pillow pet picked out just for him by his cousin Koby.  I can’t believe I didn’t get any pictures of Koby!!  Shame on me.  I’m lucky I got the pictures I did.  I horrible at remembering to take pictures.

IMG_0247

Uncle George and Jax had enough excitement for the day it was time for a nap.

All I have to say is we are so very blessed with our families!!  This was a wonderful Christmas spent with wonderful people.  It just gets better and better every year. 

3 comments:

Candice Ronshausen said...

Oh that painting turned out great! Shell was telling us about it at christmas but I never saw it. Glad it brought tears to his eyes. Miss yall!

ajphillips said...

I'm trying to catch up on commenting. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas. It is so fun with the little ones. He's a cutie!

The Wiemers said...

Lots of fun! Hope Jax can get on his feet and stay well!