Interviews are a breeze for me now that I have been on a few!! I had yet another interview today at Canyon High School. This is not a teaching position, but it is a position I would get benefits. Which you all know is very important in my situation. The position is for an Educational Assistant in the Career Center. I feel that I would be a great candidate because I recently went through all the processes that these high school kids will be embarking on. I feel that my age has been a problem for some principals in the past, but this time I hope it will be an advantage to me. What this position entails is to help students fill out collage applications, apply for scholarships and have information about different schools available. The title does say "assistant" but it is a stand alone type of position, I would work closely with the counselors. I would have freedom with the center and be able to run it how I see fit, which I think is VERY exciting.
I really hope this one works out for me and I just ask for you thoughts and prayers once again!! My friends and family have been so supportive on this journey. Hopefully I will know something by the beginning of next week. I will keep you all posted!!
4 comments:
That sounds like a fun job! Wish you the best of luck!
Good luck! I know something will work out.
I am praying for you Ashlee. I know God has a plan for you and hopefully that door will open soon.
Sounds like a great job with lots of flexibility. It will also help you get your foot in the door. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment