Wednesday, April 29, 2009

No work till May 11th!!

Yep you read that right our school district has shut down all the schools. Any other time this would be a nice little break but it's just too close to the end of the year for this. As many of you know we were right in the middle of TAKS testing. We were going to be AP testing next week and our senior awards ceremony was to be held on May 5th. So long story short this has put a damper on the end of our school year.

So my first day off I CLEANED the house like crazy. I'm getting all caught up on laundry. I have been trying to charge my camera but for some reason it is not working for me. I would love to take a picture of my beautiful tulips Gordon sent me on Monday to congratulate me on my test. But no can do I have no camera. They are a really pretty orange color. Tulips are my absolute FAVORITE. I just love my hubby he is TOO SWEET!!

Tomorrow I am going to plan the rest of my time off. There are lots of things I have been wanting to get done but just didn't have the time so now I guess I can get to it all.

I'm also very excited for my upcoming trips to Aledo to see my sis and her family. Mother's Day weekend we are all going up there for Koby's first communion. Then the next weekend Gordon and I will be attending the JDRF Promise Ball with George and Shellie. Shellie was on a committee in my honor and she really wanted us to go. It is black tie optional so I will need to find a dress. Wish me luck with that. I'm really looking forward to this event it sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

So that's just a little of whats going on here. Hope everyone stays well!! Maybe I can borrow Billy's camera and get so pics soon.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Are you out because of the swine flu??? I love tulip, too! Have a great week :)

ajphillips said...

Well, lucky you! But I really think they are going a little overboard on this swine flu stuff! Our government seems to panic about everything these days and make sudden decisions!