Monday, April 5, 2010

Wonderful Easter Weekend

What a great weekend it was!!  It was so nice having Friday off just to rest after the pretty stressful week we had.  My dad was so funny he called me and made sure I was taking it easy and not cleaning house.  He knows I get that from him.

So on to our Easter, we started out by going to church with the Ward's Saturday night.  It was such a wonderful and touching service.  Our church did the cardboard testimonies.  I have seen it on youtube and all but WOW in person it's even more emotional especially when you recognize some of the people.  After church we headed to my parents to spend the night.  We got up early that morning and had a sunrise service on my Grandmas land.  It was such a neat experience to be around all family on family land just remembering what the day is all about.  We started to sing "The old rugged Cross" and I had to get up and walk off.  That song reminds me so much of my grandpa because he loved that song.  It didn't help that I happened to look up down the field at their old house.  I have such fond memories from the "country" as we call it.  After the service we had a HUGE and YUMMY breakfast prepared by my dad, uncle Gary and many others.  We left the "country" and headed to Gordon's parents for lunch.  We had a nice lunch and visit with them and Gordon's grandma. I'm so glad she is able to leave rehab to be with family for Easter.  She had fallen a few weeks ago and had surgery.  She is doing so well in rehab so we just pray she heals quickly!!

It was just a great weekend remembering what Jesus did for us!!

I have been so bad about taking pictures because honestly I feel like I'm getting HUGE...and yes I do know I have a long way to go.  I will have to say when you start out as a little baby with the nickname "cabbage patch" you should know where I will gain my weight...all in my FACE!!  Alright I will stop complaining about my weight because I know it just goes with pregnancy and I wouldn't trade a thing.  I kind of like the one with my head cut off the BEST!! HA
   

8 comments:

Glenna said...

Glad things are going better for you this week and you all had a Happy Easter with both sides of the family.

Take care!

ajphillips said...

Well I think all my fat goes to my arms after looking at my pictures from Easter this weekend! lol! So no worries! YOu look cute!

Unknown said...

i have that same dress! i love it.. it's so comfy! i get fat in my face and arms first, bad combination. you look great though! congrats, again!

Amy said...

You look beautiful! I love your hair like that!

Dez, Jenn and Ava Lewis!!! said...

You are so cute! i wish i looked that cute prego! So glad things are going so well! praying for you and little baby Jaxon!

The Wiemers said...

Glad we go to see ya'll too this weekend! You don't look bad so don't be so hard on yourself. Love the little belly!

Paige said...

Your Easter sounds amazing! You looks beautiful and I love your dress! So cute!

M'chelle said...

You are looking oh so cute! The giraffe in my picture is actually a little "rug" and we LOVE it! We got it at a local shop here in town called Kids Village, but the brand is Bestever. Their website is www.besteverinc.com. The best thing is the rug is machine washable. :)